As a Junior IT Systems Support Engineer based in our global headquarters in Edinburgh, you will report directly to the Global IT Systems Support Manager and will share responsibility for the smooth running of the day to day activities of the IT Systems Support function.
If you are pro-active, keen and diligent, want to feel pride in your workplace and have ownership of technologies then this is the right move for you.
Skills and experience required
- Solid experience in a similar role (Desktop / Server support using Microsoft technologies – 2 years +)
- Experience with business continuity techniques
- Experience with networking – TCPIP, VPN, firewalls, routing and switching
- Experience with Hyper-V and SQL advantageous
- Flexible problem-solver willing to take on any task and manage a wide range of ongoing projects assigned to you and your team
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines
- Fluency in English is essential as English is our working language. Other languages are highly desirable
- Must have the legal right to live and work in the UK
- Responsible for maintaining and supporting our global user base via a ticketing system
- Responsible for management of our Server estate (primarily Microsoft)
- Responsible for full lifecycle ownership of any given problem ticket/s
- Responsible for build / break-fix of consumer devices and servers
- Liaison with IT suppliers, internal and external clients
- Support and maintain Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange 2013/2016, Microsoft SQL, Office 365, Hardware and Software Support, CISCO, HP, Dell
We are a fast-growing, privately held technology company, which is leading the market for bank ATM software solutions. We currently have offices in Sydney, Cincinnati, Chennai, Mumbai, Verona, Bucharest, Dublin, Amsterdam, Istanbul and Mexico City.