Updated May 2018
Korala Associates Limited (“KAL”) are committed to protecting and respecting your personal data. This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
This notice applies to current and former employees, workers and contractors. This notice does not form part of any contract of employment or other contract to provide services. We may update this notice at any time.
It is important that you read this notice, together with any other information notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
Who are we?
We are Korala Associates Limited of 5 Logie Mill, Beaverbank Business Park, Edinburgh, EH7 4HG ("we" or "us").
Why are we collecting your information?
The purpose of us processing your personal information is to allow us to enter into contract with you and to enable us to comply with legal obligations. In some cases we may use your personal information to pursue legitimate interests of our own or those of third parties, provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
We may require your information to:
- Review your application
- Contact you with regards to your application
- Assess qualifications for a particular job or task
- Determine the terms on which you may work for us
- Prevent fraud
- Carry out equal opportunities monitoring
Information we may collect from you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We will collect information that is provided by you to us, including:
- Your personal details, including your name, date of birth, contact information and other personal data you may provide to us
- Your employment history
- Your education history
- Other relevant information (including information contained on your CV or other documentation) provided by you to us through the ‘KAL careers’ web form
Who will we share your information with?
We may share your information with our international branch offices and subsidiary companies:
- KAL ATM Software India Private Limited (India)
- KAL Italy S.R.L (Italy)
- KAL Software Mexico S.A. de C.V. (Mexico)
- KAL Software Inc (USA)
- KAL Software Bucharest SRL (Romania)
- KAL ATM Software Ireland Limited (Ireland)
- KAL Turkey Yazilim ve Arge Limited Sirketi (Turkey)
- KAL Australia Branch
Your information will only be accessed by employees who are required to assess your application.
We may also share your data with a regulatory body if we are required to do so in order to comply with a legal obligation.
Transferring your information internationally
Your information may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and due to KAL's global presence; our employees based outside the EEA may process it. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. However, to ensure that your personal information does receive an adequate level of protection we have put in place appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is treated in a way that is consistent with and which respects the EU and UK laws on data protection.
How we will keep your information safe
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
Please note in some instances, for example where we are lawfully required to hold your information, it may not be possible to fulfil your request in its entirety. If this is the case, KAL's responsible person (details below) will make clear the reason that we cannot fulfil your request.
If you wish to contact us regarding your information, raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data or you have any other queries relating to this notice, you can contact our responsible person who will investigate the matter. We will aim to respond to any request as soon as possible and not later than 30 days from your request.
Name – Cameron Logan
Title – Global Head of Commercial
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) via the following link https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or the ICO helpline 0303 123 1113.